Sunday, August 1, 2010

397. Blue Moon

So it finally happened: amongst the travails of travelling and the busy-ness and tight scheduling of life, I got screwed and had to drink a crappy beer. Thank you La Guardia. Sure, I coulda drank something early in the a.m. before the flight, or even after I finally got home well past midnight, but that would be lying. Straight up lying. So while I was stuck in the Delta terminal of La Guardia, I chose the best beer at my disposal: Blue Moon. A sad and tragic choice on many levels, yes. But at least I had Jeff Sparrow’s Wild Brews: Beer Beyond the Influence of Brewer’s Yeast to read. You know, to counter all the Coors-esque vibes. Although I think the encounter between my reading material and drinking material threatened to implode the very fabric of the space-time continuum.

And I would like all of you to note: I am drinking Blue Moon out of a Samuel Adams glass, even though they had no Samuel Adams available to drink. Go figure.

(8/1/2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment